All moms know that the hardest thing when school starts is getting your kiddos adjust to the new school sleep schedule. I remember those days, my mom dragging me out of bed in the morning so that I can get dressed and get to school on time.
Here are a few tips that you can try to give your kids the rest they need and make those morning a bit easier.
- Get into a Routine – Creating a routine that your child can count on every night will help them mentally prepare for bed. Start with little things like brushing their teeth, taking a bath, get their pj’s on and read a book.
- Cut out caffeine and sugar – We all know that caffeine and sugar can make your child jumpy and wide awake. Maybe soda right before bed is not such a great idea and don’t forget to go easy with those sweets.
- Know how much sleep they need – First step in determining when your child should go to bed is knowing how much sleep they need. The National Sleep Foundation recommends different hours for different age groups. For example, teenagers need around 8-10 hours of sleep versus a preschooler who needs 10-13 hours of sleep.
- Limit electronic screen time – Almost all kids these days have some sort of electronic that they are “addicted” too. Try to limit watching TV or playing video games right before bed time, this just makes it harder for them to fall asleep. It is recommended to eliminate screen time at least one hour before bedtime.
- Readjust your activity schedule – Adjusting your own bedtime might help your child realize that it’s time for everyone to go to bed. This creates a calmer mood throughout the house as bedtime approaches.
- Adjust slowly – Work into the new routine gradually. Start with moving the bedtime up by 20-30 minutes and then push it up gradually from there.
Hope these tips will help you! Good luck mama, you’re doing great!
We’d love to hear from you! To contact our studio please click here.
Dallas Maternity Photographer | Dallas Newborn Photographer | Denton Maternity Photographer | Denton Newborn Photographer | Fort Worth Maternity Photographer | Fort Worth Newborn Photographer | Lewisville Maternity Photographer | Lewisville Newborn Photographer | Flower Mound Maternity Photographer | Flower Mound Newborn Photographer | Little Elm Maternity Photographer | Highland Village Maternity Photographer | Highland Village Newborn Photographer |Coppell Maternity Photographer | Coppell Newborn Photographer | Little Elm Newborn Photographer | Corinth Maternity Photographer | Corinth Newborn Photographer | Plano Maternity Photographer | Plano Newborn Photographer | Frisco Maternity Photographer | Frisco Newborn Photographer | Prosper Maternity Photographer | Prosper Newborn Photographer | McKinney Maternity Photographer | McKinney Newborn Photographer | Southlake Maternity Photographer | Southlake Newborn Photographer | Keller Maternity Photographer | Keller Newborn Photographer | Trophy Club Maternity Photographer | Trophy Club Newborn Photographer | DFW Maternity Photographer | DFW Newborn Photographer